Contact me !

If you need to contact me , please write to me to this email ID : manjupadmasekar@yahoo.com. I will be happy to help.

Monday, April 22, 2013

How many embryos should I transfer to optimize my chance of success ?



This decision depends on several factors :
  1. Your age
  2. the quantity of eggs retrieved from you
  3. the quantity and quality of embryos that were formed
  4. The age of your embryo at the time of transfer (day 3 transfer or day 5 transfer)
  5. How many IVF cycles you have failed previously
  6. Your risk taking appetite
  7. The laws that govern Assited Reproductive Technology (ART) in your country
Even though transferring more embryos seems a logical way to achieve success quicker, the risk associated with multiple pregnancy should not be neglected. The goal of any particular IVF cycle should be to produce a healthy baby !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do write to me! It makes me happy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...